Last modified on November 4, 2015.
What personal information does FashionCommune collect?
Personal information collected automatically
- Whenever you interact with our Website, we automatically receive and record information on our server logs from your browser including your IP address, "cookie" information, and the page you requested.
- When we collect usage information (such as the numbers and frequency of visitors to the Website), we only use this data in aggregate form, and not in a manner that would identify you personally. For example, this aggregate data tells us how often users use parts of the Website, so that we can make the Website appealing to as many users as possible. We may also provide this aggregate information to our partners, so that they can understand how often people use their services and our Website, so that they, too, can provide you with an optimal online experience. We never disclose aggregate information to a partner in a manner that would identify you personally.
Email and other communications
When you register for the first time on FashionCommune, you will be automatically opted in to receive email notices, which may include notification if someone sends you a message or invites you to join a FashionCommune list or group, new friend or follower requests, FashionCommune newsletters and announcements, notification of new activity on your lists, and notices about public FashionCommune activity by your friends or followers. We may receive a confirmation when you open an email from us. This confirmation helps us make emails more interesting and improve our service. If you do not want to receive email or other mail from us, please indicate your preference on your Settingspage, and by emailing us at "[email protected]". If you elect to become a friend or follower of a Brand Profile Page (a page in the FashionCommune.community that displays brands, products or goods of a merchant), the administrator of the page (a "Brand Admin") may send you messages containing commercial and promotional messages. You may opt out of receiving those messages by following instructions that will appear on the in-system message. If you send an email using the service to an email address that is not registered in our community, we do not use that email address for any purpose other than to send your email. We do not rent or sell these email addresses, nor do we send them marketing messages. Other users may send emails and messages to you via the FashionCommune service. FashionCommune does not review these messages before they are sent to you.
Will FashionCommune share any of the personal information it receives?
We neither rent nor sell your Personal Information to anyone. We share your Personal Information in personally identifiable form only as described below.
Affiliated businesses and third-party websites we do not control
In certain situations, businesses or third-party websites we're affiliated with may sell items or provide services to you through the Website (either alone or jointly with us). You can recognize when an affiliated business is associated with such a transaction or service, and we will share your Personal Information with that affiliated business only to the extent that it is related to such transaction or service. One such service may include the ability for you to choose to automatically transmit Third Party Account Information to your Website profile or to automatically transmit information in your Website profile to your third-party account. We have no control over the policies and practices of third-party websites as to privacy or anything else, so if you choose to allow these automatic transmissions, please review all third-party websites' policies.
We employ other companies and people to perform tasks on our behalf and need to share your information with them to provide products or services to you. Unless we tell you differently, our agents do not have any right to use the Personal Information we share with them beyond what is necessary to assist us.
User profile information, including without limitation your name, email address, and other information ("User Submissions") may be displayed to other users if you chosen to enter such information on your user profile. Again, any content (including without limitation images, captions, and comments) you voluntarily disclose for other users to view on the Website is not Personal Information; it becomes publicly available and can be collected and used by others, and may be redistributed through the internet and other media channels. Additionally, if you sign into the Website through a third party social networking site or service, your list of "friends" from that site or service may be automatically imported to the Website, and such "friends," if they are also registered users of the Website, may be able to access certain non-public information you have entered in your Website user profile. Again, we do not control the policies and practices of any other third party site or service.
Communication about the website
As part of the Website and Services, you may receive communications from us, whether by email or other means. We and our agents may send you email, contact you, or engage you in other communication that we or they determine relate to your use of the Website.
We may choose to buy or sell assets. In these types of transactions, customer information is typically one of the business assets that is transferred. Also, if we (or substantially all of our assets) are acquired, or if we go out of business or enter bankruptcy, Personal Information would be one of the assets transferred to or acquired by a third party.
Protection of FashionCommune and others
We reserve the right to access, read, preserve, and disclose any information that we reasonably believe is necessary to comply with law or court order; enforce or apply our conditions of use and other agreements; or protect the rights, property, or safety of FashionCommune, our employees, our users, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
With your consent
Except as set forth above, you will be notified when your Personal Information may be shared with third parties, and will be able to prevent the sharing of this information.
Is personal information about me secure?
What personal information can I access?
Through your user profile, you may access and, in some cases, edit or delete the following information you've provided to us. This list may change as the Website changes:
- Real name;
- Interests and other shopping-related preferences;
- Username, password and email address;
- User social network credentials (e.g., Facebook, Twitter);
- Other account and user profile information;
The information you can view, update, and delete through your user profile may change as the Website changes. If you have any questions about viewing or updating information we have on file about you, please contact us at [email protected].
What choices do I have?
- You can always opt not to disclose information, but keep in mind that some information may be needed to register with us or to take advantage of some of our special features.
- You may be able to add, update, or delete certain information as explained in Section V above. When you do so, however, we may maintain a copy of the unrevised information in our records. We may use any aggregated data derived from or incorporating your Personal Information after you update or delete it, but not in a manner that would identify you personally.
- You may close your account via the 'Close Account' link on Settings. Please note that some information may remain in our private records after the closing of your account.
Questions or concerns
If you have any questions or concerns regarding our privacy policies, please feel free to contact us anytime at [email protected]. We will make every effort to resolve your concerns.